Your practitioner may prescribe you a dermatological preparation that will need to be compounded.
Compounding offers a solution for many people with skin problems. Your practitioner may decide that you require a skin treatment:
- that is currently unavailable through retail pharmacies (this may be due to a supplier issue or a medication that is not yet available in Australia that has been deemed safe and effective elsewhere)
- without preservatives or certain excipients (inactive ingredients) – this may be due to an allergy or intolerance
- in a different base (for example an lubricating ointment rather than an alcoholic gel)
- With a different dose that is commercially available – for example if you experienced side effects with the normal dose or you required a higher dose to achieved the desired clinic effect.
- That has multiple active ingredients – this will save you having to use several different products and will improve compliance.
We are also able to offer tailored anti-aging/cosmeceutical preparations, compounded here at our laboratory, customised to your skin type. Many of these are available over the counter, without a prescription. We have access to high-quality raw ingredients and use the latest in pharmaceutical compounding technology. Please discuss with one of our compounding pharmacists for more information.
There are compounded medications available that your doctor may not be aware of. If you are interested in learning more, please call one of our compounding pharmacists on (07) 5592 2099 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.